Have you noticed I have been gone lately?
Why is that you ask..well I have been on and off sick for 3 weeks!!
Your probably wondering how a person can be sick for 3 weeks if they eat healthy and take care of themselves. I was wondering the same thing too. I was reminded that sometimes our bodies just need to get sick and there is no rhyme or reason for it. I also think that the body naturally detoxes in the fall so I think I was battling die-off as well.
Time to get moving
I’m crossing my fingers I am better for good (well at least for some time more then 2 days). I woke up this morning motivated and hungry! I have not been hungry in the past 2 weeks, so this is a good sign. I woke up refreshed and actually looking forward to starting a new day that doesn’t include detox baths, naps, reading (that is all I feel like doing when I’m sick-blogging just hurts my head!), spoonfuls of FCLO, and 4 cups of bone broth 🙂 Im also looking forward to taking a run again (I love running!).
Catch up time
Now I only have like 50 + comments to check on my blog..so if you left a comment, please be patient! Oh and like 50 e-mails to reply to..hmm can you guess what I am doing today? 🙂 Im just so grateful that you all love to ask questions!
So now that you now what is going on in my life, there is a little something special for you. I did this guest post about a weeks ago, but incase you didn’t see it..
GAPS Fudge Brownies
(*note to self: make these soon. please!)
Here are the supplies I use…
- 1 cup homemade coconut butter (my recipe here)
- 3/4 cup honey or vanilla honey
- 40 drops (2 droppers full of stevia) *optional
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 oz Bakers unsweetened chocolate (gives it that “fudgy” taste)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (unless you use vanilla honey)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup previously brewed organic coffee *optional
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut flour
- stainless steel double boiler (or make one with a stainless steel pot & a heat proof bowl)
- 9 x 9″ glass baking pan <— this 8″ one works fine too
- mixing bowl
- unbleached parchment paper
GAPS Fudge Brownies (grain/egg/dairy free) <— get the recipe here