|June 27, 2012||Posted by Caroline Lunger under GAPS, Main meal, real food|
GAPS pizza crust:
Ok, so i showed you how to make the GAPS pizza crust …so now its time to bring it all together and i show you how i make the WHOLE pizza. I will include our pictures from the crust as well, because we did it on a different sized pan.
How we did it:
I prepped my ingredients before hand to make it easy to just toss them on. We kept our pretty simple but the combinations are endless. When i made this just for my mom i put on caramalised onions in butter, organic sagas, spinach, greek olives, and i put the raw milk cheese on at the last second and let it melt after i took it out of the oven (so you don’t kill all the good enzymes of course!). mmmm..she loved it! So get creative. here are some ideas for pizza combos.
1. cheese and black olives
2. organic pepperoni (nitrate free)
3. crumbled sausage, roasted green paper, mushroom
3. greek olives, spinach, caramalised onions, feta cheese
4. tomato, basil , mozzarella cheese (classy and simple!)
5. pesto sauce, tomatoes, and raw milk cheese
6. pizza sauce and cashew cheese (dairy free version) * i am trying this very soon!
1. So just make the crust - make two 9″ circles or one 16×10″ cookie sheet ( lined with parchment paper of course!!)- freeze some pre baked crusts if you want, it makes an easy dinner. oh- if you see in the slide show me using olive oil on the bottom of the crust, you can do that too.
2. prep all you toppings, sauté the onions, cut up the olives, cook the sausage, crumble or shred the cheese, make you sauce
*i use a simple recipe of garlic, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and sea salt. mix ingredients in sauce pan, smash them together, bring to boil and let simmer for a few hours to infuse the flavors. it should be thick so it doesn’t make the pizza soggy
3. spread sauce on pizza crust, put cheese and topping on. bake for another 10 min and if you want broil for a few min to get a nice golden brown look to your gooey cheese and toppings. ( it was helpful to broil when i had on a lot of topping and i wanted it to cook the faster)
4. slice and pull apart gooey cheese and eat
What are your favorite combinations for pizza?
~stay gutsy, caroline