GAPS pizza crust:
Ok, so I showed you how to make the GAPS pizza crust …so now it’s time to bring it all together to make the WHOLE pizza. I will include our pictures from the crust as well, because we did it on a different sized pan.
How we did it:
I prepped my ingredients before hand to make it easy to just toss them on. We kept our pretty simple but the combinations are endless. When I made this just for my mom I put on caramalised onions in butter, spinach, greek olives, and I put the raw milk cheese on at the last second and let it melt after I took it out of the oven (so you don’t kill all the good enzymes of course!). Mmmm..she loved it! So get creative. here are some ideas for pizza combos.
1. cheese and black olives
2. organic pepperoni (nitrate free)
3. crumbled sausage, roasted green paper & mushrooms
1. Make the crust – make two 9″ circles or one 15 x 10″ cookie sheet (lined with un bleached parchment paper of course). Freeze some pre baked crusts if you want, it makes an easy dinner. Oh, if you see in the pictures me using olive oil on the bottom of the crust, you can do that too.
2. Prep all you toppings, sauté the onions, cut up the olives, cook the sausage, crumble or shred the cheese, make you sauce, etc.
Sauce recipe: I use a simple recipe of garlic, “boxed” diced tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and sea salt. Mix ingredients in sauce pan (its better to use a pyrex or ceramic when cooking acidic foods), smash everything with a potato masher, bring to boil and let simmer for a few hours to infuse the flavors. It should be thick so it doesn’t make the pizza soggy. Here is a jarred pre-made sauce with NO sugar added.
3. Spread sauce on pizza crust, put cheese and topping on.
4. Bake for another 10 min and can broil for a few min to get a nice golden brown look to your gooey cheese and toppings. It was helpful to broil when I had on a lot of topping and I wanted it to cook the faster only on the top.
5. Slice and pull apart gooey cheese and eat 🙂