I recently hosted a fermented veggie swap and these cookies I served at the party were a hit! Everyone one was asking for the recipe. I don’t usually use recipes, I just use my instinct, so I had to recreate the recipe and it turned out the same, so I guess remembered how to make them.
I will do a little recipe at the bottom on how I make GAPS chocolate drops. I cannot get a hold of cocoa butter right now so I used coconut oil. I found out that they melt VERY easily though, almost too easily. But they melt right into the vanilla cookie making it a chocolate vanilla cookie! Ok here it goes…
GAPS chocolate vanilla cookies
1 1/4 cup almond flour
2 T coconut flour
1/8 t Celtic Sea Salt®
1. Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
2. In another bowl mix eggs, vanilla, and honey.
3. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry bowl.
4. Stir until mixed and let sit for a few minutes to let the coconut flour soak up completely.
5. Carefully and quickly mix in the GAPS chocolate drops, so they don’t melt and make the batter totally chocolate!
6. Bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes (I made small ones so the time will vary. I never like to go by time, instead I go by when the cookie looks a tad golden brown around the edges)
7. Let cool and them remove from cookie sheet. Eat and refrigerate leftovers 🙂